Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scripture Power

Maren came home from church today, sat down and started "reading" Jorden's scriptures. When a page was accidently torn we decided to give Maren her first Book of Mormon and she wrote her name in it (Just had to add that in for grandparents--she can write her own name now!) Here she is quoting her first memorized scripture she gave several months ago in primary (from the bible). As I blog she is in the living room conducting her own Primary with a song, prayer, talk, and scripture. She is asking Celiese to "come sit down please" and telling "now it's your turn." Sometime I will post Celiese singing "I Love to See the Temple"-which seems to be her favorite song right now. What a joy as a parent to see my children growing in the gospel.

For those of you who don't know...there is a song in the Primary called "Scripture Power" and sometimes we sing it when we have scriptures at night...I don't know all the words...hmm...maybe that's why Maren doesn't either :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That song is a big hit at our family nights too.

Annie Taylor said...

Wow she is getting so big. Great job on the scripture Maren! Love ya.

Levesque Family said...

My 4 year old does the same thing when she gets home from church. I always hear her say "Welcome to Primary" and then she goes on. Its nice to see that they catch on to things so easily.

Amber said...

I love that song. We sing it for family night whenever I go to my TX home.